Discuss Spyder, Friend Adder and Song Play Increaser for MySpace

Each time I log in with Spyder, it forces password change

Postby hoosiemama » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:09 am

This just started tonight -- not sure if it's because I've been using Spyder a lot, but I am unable to log in with it. Each time I do, I get an error in MySpace saying someone tried to hack my account and I have to change my password. My account becomes unlocked each time I change the password, but Spyder is currently unusable. Anyone else seen this?
hoosiemama
Friend Adder

Re: Each time I log in with Spyder, it forces password chang

Postby mlink » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 am

Are you sure you haven't been hacked and someone is using your account?

Otherwise it's from something you have done. If you have outstanding friend requests, messages, comments and people are continuously marking them as spam then you're going to get hit with this a lot. Also if you have posted something with a URL that determined was spam then you'll see this a lot as well.
mlink
The Architect

Re: Each time I log in with Spyder, it forces password chang

Postby hoosiemama » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks mlink for responding quickly. I think it may have initially been triggered by MySpace being under some kind of maintenance last night. I know my account was not under suspicion because the whole time Spyder was having problems, I was able to manually add friends. MySpace eventually stopped claiming that I was being hacked, but Spyder seemed to be unable to log into the account or really do anything with it. I eventually just started again, creating a new .spyder file and the program now works properly.
hoosiemama
Friend Adder

Return to General Discussion